Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Receipt Ripoff & PETA Bug-off

I was in the local Mall-Mart (you know who I mean) tonight for some milk and dog treats. I found a pretty piece of black textured (fake, lol) leather in the remnant bin for $4.24. Started having a few dark thoughts as to what I might do with it and took my purchases to the checkout.

This appeared on the readout:

Family package $20
5x7. $1.84
8x10 $2.84

Hmm. That was odd, considering that I hadn't purchased ANY pictures there in a couple of YEARS. I take my photos digitally, then Photoshop them into printed and bound photo books. (Yay, Shutterfly!). I'm good at it, and I teach Photoshop to my 8th graders.

So I stopped the checker and had her look it over. She said that was the price of the fabric. When I pointed out that it wasn't $25 for that piece of fabric, she said that the fabric must have been returned and the barcode had been recycled to the photo department. She fixed it for me.

Holy cow! What if I hadn't noticed? I'm thinking for $25, it should be real leather. And no, I don't have a problem with leather. (Okay, I'll admit I like the smell of real leather. Hahah. Shhhh.)

Or eating meat. Mmmm I'm a devout carnivore, though I'll admit I'm a bit squeamish about some things in that arena. LOL I'm still a picky eater.

However, I don't see the point in wearing real fur. Fake fur is often gorgeous and easier to take care of, but if you want to wear fur, it doesn't really bother me. Knowing the difference between fake and real fur is something I don't give a darn about. I don't think I even own any fake fur. ;) It just isn't on my radar.

Sure, ermine is gorgeous, but who wants to wear a weasel? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment