Friday, May 4, 2012

New Scrubs :)

I tried some new scrub recipes today. Woohoo! Some were inspired by other recipes but ended up being just my combinations because I wasn't willing to to go the health food store for special ingredients. Lol I really did just want to keep it simple, stupid.

For my slightly chapped lips, due to the 8 hour lipstick I wear most days, a yummy lip exfoliator:

1 tsp brown sugar (exfoliator)
1 tsp olive oil (moisture)
1 tsp honey (humectant)

Mix and apply a tiny dab to lips, gently scrubbing with finger and rubbing lips together. Lips are delicate, so BE GENTLE! Got that? Wash off with warm water. Or just lick off, because this stuff is yummy and edible :D Lips will be that fabled "kissably soft". I hope you have better luck than I did getting an opinion on that. Any volunteers?

The original recipe called for almond oil, but I had olive oil on hand and it worked fine.

Clarifying mask:

1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
Water

Mix and apply to face, neck, d├ęcolletage, shoulders (or just your face). Add tiny amounts of water to make mask spreadable upon face. Keep the mask on for at least 20 minutes and then add a bit of water to gently scrub the face, avoiding the eyes. Rinse off in the shower with warm water.

This is a combination of recipes - the baking soda / cinnamon mask is to be worn overnight once or twice a week until face is clear. Honey is antibacterial, and sugar makes it all scrubby. Supposedly your face will stay clear for months after successful repeated treatments.

Caveats -- it's very drying - that's the point - but the baking soda can also make it irritating with overuse, so be careful.

Wear it in my bed? I can't - the cinnamon stains fabric. I think my dog would lick my face while I sleep if I try it, anyway. Apply this in the shower where the mess can be washed away.

Finally, this mask literally pulls impurities out of pores (yuck, but isn't cleaning out the idea?) so be ready to wash your face one more time to take care of that. I could see the results in the mirror. Eww.

Moisturizing hand, foot, and leg scrub:

Sugar
Olive oil

Pour a couple of tablespoons of sugar in your hand and add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Scrub feet, legs, and hands and massage the mixture well into nails and cuticles. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry. Happy soft skin. :)

I didn't detect any smell to the olive oil, but my dog had some interest in gently sniffing my hands. Lol

I suppose I was still pretty tired. I slept through the afternoon and missed my nephew's ball game and the rise of the perigee full moon too. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment