Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dreading the Run

Needless to say, I'm a little bit frightened. My anterior femoral cutaneous nerve caused problems last time. Gee, it's a good thing it wasn't that OTHER femoral nerve causing problems, or there would go my love life. Wait, I don't have one anyway. Lol.

So, last time my shins actually caused serious pain and not just a little soreness or discomfort. That's what I'm afraid of - that sharp pain coming back and oh, say, making walking impossible.

I'm afraid, I'm afraid, I'm afraid. First step is admitting there is a problem, right? But this is the kind of fear that roadblocks any kind of exercise for ... Oh, months the last time.

I have to get over that. I'm stretching right now. I may be running in the dark if I don't hurry up.

The neurosurgeon told me that I have the spine of a 19 year old. And that losing weight may help this nerve problem. So which wins out? The numbness that makes my leg collapse or my trying to utilize it for weight loss that should help with the nerve pain?

What a catch-22.

No comments:

Post a Comment