Saturday, June 9, 2012

Nacho Cheese Microwave Potato Chips

Mmm! I think I have finally found a method that I like for making my own chips. I've been trying out lots lately.

Needed:
Microwaveable plate
Raw potatoes
Mandoline slicer
Olive oil
Brush (silicone pastry brush is my favorite)
Seasonings (I used Kernel Seasons Nacho Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning, but seasoned or plain salt is great too)

1. Wash potato.
2. Carefully use Mandoline to slice potato thinly. If you have a steady hand with a knife or peeler, you might make thin slices that way.
3. Oil the plate with olive oil, using brush or spray oil.
4. Use the brush to put oil on both sides of potato slices.
5. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on oiled plate.
6. Microwave at full power for 3-4 minutes.
7. Flip slices over (careful! Plate will be scorching hot!) and cook for another 3-4 minutes. You may need to adjust time according to your microwave's power.
8. When chips start to brown, take them out and drain on paper towel they'll get crunchier as they cool.
9. Sprinkle chips with seasonings and enjoy.

I might even try some of the other herbs and spices from my massive collection. Heaven knows, they need to be used up. Lol. These chips have a hearty crunch when they are finished. I hate that oil is necessary, but at least with olive oil it's a bit healthier, and they aren't deep fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment