Thursday, June 14, 2012

Well, I was gonna run, but...

My shins are screaming at me again. This will be rest day 2. I just cant do it -- a little test jog proved it to me . Owwwww... I squatted down for something earlier and I could feel the muscle trying to pull away from the bone. It was excruciating.

Then there was all the yard work today. I pulled weeds, I laid and soaked cardboard, I spread mulch, and I sprinkled cayenne pepper liberally over the mulch.

What? The neighborhood cats will otherwise undo all of my hard work by treating the mulch like a litter box and kick the mulch all over the place. I'm just trying to make them stay OUT. A few sneezes might keep them away.

Kneeling while I worked put a huge painful strain on my shins as well, so I only did it once.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. If I do the slightest thing that makes my shins hurt and I try to run before the pain is gone (and I don't know it isn't gone until it starts hurting, ha ha), I make the problem worse. If I wait through several rest days, I lose my cardio gain and have to backtrack.

I know I didn't get enough sleep last night. I tossed and turned. But really?

Very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment