Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Celery and Stilton Soup

During our forced and unplanned overnight stay in London, we had the hotel's buffet for dinner. There were several things I intended to try, but I was sick and couldn't really taste anything. I don't even remember what I put on my plate other than some breadcrumb covered mushrooms, but I couldn't taste much anyway, and that killed my appetite.

I got a bowl of the celery and Stilton soup because I thought soup would do me some good, as chilled as I was. (Shivering by this point). Not that I knew what Stilton tasted like but somewhere in my hazy brain I recalled Stilton was a type of cheese.

Mmm. Cheese soup for a sore throat? Worth a try.

Well, I barely tasted the soup's true flavor, but one of the girls in our group said it was absolutely delicious. I had a little bit of stinging in the back of my throat, so I'm glad someone got the full effect. Lol.

Well done, Renaissance Heathrow. I'm sure I can't afford to return to you on my own. :) Still, thumbs DOWN to British Airways for putting us in that situation in the first place.

I'm going to have to make it here at home if I can find the cheese. :) Hopefully it will freeze well, or I'll have to eat it for days and days on end. Perhaps I could even find someone to share it with.  (I really am a good cook.  Have been since I was a kid.)

http://theenglishkitchen.blogspot.com/2011/10/celery-and-stilton-soup.html

No comments:

Post a Comment