Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Get a thicker skin!

My brother told me yesterday that I shouldn't have posted about the gross post-sunburn molting I had to deal with last week. I disagree. I think it made for a great warning about the dangers of too much sun.

And I also think that the title gives away how gross the post is. Nobody has to read it! There is one important rule he isn't aware of in descriptive writing: show, don't tell. Lol

It's my blog. :). I'll write what I want to. I'm not writing it for anyone else -- just for me. I say that with the sweetest of thoughts. If you don't like it, don't read it. Mmmkay?

I hardly think my post about the details of a second degree sunburn will lessen the opinion others have of me. I'm pretty sure those critical folks already thought little of me to begin with. Nope, I am not well regarded, as far as I can tell. Perhaps it is because I am not some phony society matron. We seem to have a glut of those locally already.

So if you are reading my blog and are *gasp!* offended by the subjects, move on. And don't read my fiction when the opportunity arises, for you may well be shocked. Lol

My skin grew back. Perhaps yours will as well. ;)

Here endeth the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment