Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sleeping Beauty (yeah, right!)

More like... Barely awake Gorgon. So much for emulating a fairy tale princess!

I am tentatively awake for the first time in a little over 24 hours. I fell asleep after my massage and hair appointment yesterday and was totally groggy when my brother stopped by last night to ask about my trip to Italy. I looked a fright, which garnered some amusement from him with one of his funnier opening statements.

Me: Hi.
Brother: No, but YOU sure look like you are!

Ha ha ;)

After he left, I fell asleep again for several hours. I woke up at 3, then 5:30, then slept until after noon. Interspersed in all this were several episodes of groggy sleep chats. I might not have been awake, so if my conversation was less than sparkling or just all-out bizarre, I apologize. :D

You should have heard the bizarreness I came up with on my roomie in Italy. I don't know at what point (with my swollen feet up on the wall and all the lights on) I actually lost consciousness, but I said something strange about hash tags. Yeah, I thought I was awake at the time too. Hahaha

When I'm overtired, it's like a switch has been flipped to OFF. At least I didn't start sleepwalking.

So here I am, finishing off actual coffee dosed liberally with chocolate syrup, hoping it will bring me back to the land of the living.

I guess this is jet lag with being sick, and I am thankful it wasn't a worse sickness. I seem to be shaking it without a visit to the clinic for a bunch of shots and antibiotics. Next time I will make sure to take my allergy meds traveling and just hope that they aren't confiscated.

Disclaimer: night before last I took a dose of hydrocodone cough syrup because my hacking cough was keeping me awake. When it became apparent that it wasn't enough, I took a second dose. Perhaps that is what induced my coma-sleep. It takes me a couple of days to get that much codeine out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment