Sunday, July 22, 2012

Those Evil Doors

I did finish sanding the bathroom doors - by hand. I decided not to buy a power sander just yet, for a few reasons. The small one suitable to fit my hands had bad durability reviews. The bigger ones looked very heavy and I know that my left thumb is broken, so supporting one would be difficult.

It's not a bad break, but it has that trademark sickening feeling I always get with a broken bone and that sucker hurts. My washer door is to blame for this - hard to shut "just right" and I slammed it with my hand in the wrong position when I was angry and I felt the bone crack down in my thumb. It brought tears to my eyes.

I would still have had to get into all the tight little places a power sander couldn't fit, so I didn't see the point in getting one.

For cheap hollow core luaun doors, getting a perfect finish is impossible anyway. Eh, bite me.

So I cleaned all the junk off and put On all the primer I had, which.... wasn't enough. Naturally Lol. I have an upcoming trip to buy more primer and paint.

I went into the kitchen to let my dog out and got hit with an instant blood sugar crash. The sweating and shaking came on like someone had flipped a switch. Having just eaten a protein bar a few hours before, I didn't understand why.

It took me a while to realize, in my considerably dulled brain, that I didn't exactly eat much yesterday. Some popcorn, some applesauce, and a piece of cheese was all I had. I haven't eaten much all week. I forget to eat but there's no food here anyway.

I think just being in proximity to anything with calories is going to make me gain weight.

The phentermine I've been taking for a week isn't working at all, weight-wise. Not eating, exercising, and taking those pills should have been good for at least a couple of pounds. Things just don't work right in my metabolism and there is nothing I can do to change it. I'll keep going through the motions, anyway, though I feel absolutely defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment