Saturday, August 11, 2012

Headachy blues

This headache actually started Thursday morning, when I jokingly called it a semi-hangover. So now it's Saturday evening and I've put up with the pseudo-flulike symptoms long enough. Aching, cramping (ok, that's not entirely flulike. Lol), headache intensifying, fever, tired, general malaise. I took a three hour nap this afternoon after waking up too early and unable to go back to sleep. Okay, I'll admit that it's purely a hormonally driven problem that will only take a week, yet strangely enough it doesn't make me feel any physically better tonight. :)

Yes, a hot bath would be better, but my water heater has never been up to that task. I should just have it replaced. *sigh*

I didn't get nearly enough done today, though I took care of the laundry. I've been sitting here on a bare mattress, weaving in a few loose ends (and glueing them) on the last blanket I made. There are hundreds of ends because this one is incredibly scrappy in nature. I hope the fabric glue works. I'd hate to know those ends popped out again after the first wash. It gives a bad impression.

Ibuprofen and Tylenol haven't dented the headache, so I think I'm going to take a hot shower with my favorite yet completely discontinued Tranquil Mint body wash. It usually helps my migraines. If only the clean bedding would put itself on the bed while I'm in the shower.

You know that when I like a Bath and Body Works fragrance, that's the kiss of death, right? *sigh*. This is what I get for liking the cheap stuff. One of these days I'll just buy some Poison and get it over with. It's been around for a long time now, and I don't think it'll go away anytime soon. I suppose it's a classic fragrance.

I just want to be asleep right now and have some sweet relaxing dreams. It may take a double dose of melatonin to make it happen, but I think it will be worthwhile to get one good night of sleep in this condition. Sometimes I really hate being female. :D

And if you were wondering, my problematic femoral nerve has been bothering me all day. Mostly numbness though, for which I am grateful. Lol

I was told today that I should count my headache as a blessing because *they* have migraines every day, along with a host of other problems. I'm sorry they are in ill health, but acknowledging that someone else is worse off doesn't minimize my pain for me. Does it give them relief to engage me in a contest over who has it worse? I don't wanna play. They win. I hope it sends them some pain relief. I've got the owwies.

I understand what it's like to have multi-day migraines. I'm not immune to them. Nothing really works to stop my migraines anymore. But I did discover that the Topamax my doctor prescribed for daily prevention not only caused worse migraines, but also cognitive impairment. Mmmhmmm. Not kidding. It made me stupid and forgetful and I didn't have those warnings way back then. I believe taking a host of drugs for everything that ails you causes worse problems, so I hesitate to take any drugs at all on a regular basis.

If I HAVE to, I will. But I'll avoid that stuff if possible. Thanks so much for understanding. Can't solve my problems with a pill! They have to be worked out through relationships with other people. (Nobody told me that. It's just something I've figured out for myself.)

So the plan for tonight is this:
Hot minty shower.
Clean sheets.
10 mg of melatonin.
Another dose of Tylenol. Hmm. Could just take Tylenol PM and no melatonin.
Glass of water bedside for dehydration.
Ice packs for my head, waiting in the freezer.

Hear ye this: everyone is forbidden to call me, unless it is to say they are coming over to stroke my hair while I try to feel better. Yeah, unlikely, but I thought I'd throw it out there just in case. I need a house elf. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment