Saturday, October 20, 2012

Gu Makes Cocktails?!

A few weeks ago I tried some Gu Roctane - Island Nectars flavor.

And it repelled me. I wasn't expecting it to taste like THAT! I definitely hoped at that moment that other Gu gels didn't taste so freaky.

Turns out that after market research, Gu decided to make a Mai-Tai flavored Roctane. Island Nectars it is. Lol

http://frayedlaces.blogspot.com/2010/09/gu-all-about-it.html

I'm not sure if I will try it again, though I understand that knowing what the secret flavor is will make it more palatable.

By the way, you can stop rolling your eyes. I know that for a piddly little 5k, gels aren't exactly necessary. Unless you get tired fast and still want to finish, like me. Energy is gonna be a problem until I burn this extra weight off me.

But you know, I have a little bit of faith that I'm already making beneficial changes to my system. I've noticed changes in my cardio capacity. From what I've read, it takes only a month to start improving. Muscles take about six months to improve, and the skeletal structure takes six months to a year to acclimate and respond to training demands.

Demands. Right now it seems like my idea of training demands would be more of a strongly suggestive whisper to real athletes. But I'm giving it all I can.

I just don't want to be this "me" anymore. That's why I'm doing this. She's been pretty disappointing. If I were a Warcraft character, you'd probably delete me to make space for your new Pandaren monk toon.

No comments:

Post a Comment