Friday, October 12, 2012

Guest Post?

Tonight wasn't the first time I got a comment on my blog, gushing about reading it every day and wanting to know if they could do guest posts.

Really? Come on, don't tell me I sound THAT stupid.

Sure, I'll give some random stranger access to my account so they can do what? Tell everybody what is on my mind? That's the point of all this writing... I don't have anyone to talk to so I sound things out in written form.

Proof? How many legitimate comments have there ever been on here - ten, maybe? So somebody comes across a post I've made, bleeps the counter. It doesn't typically mean enough to them to respond about it -- hence the one-sided conversation.

Kinda like my relationships with a lot of people. One-sided. I have to keep making the efforts myself to maintain contact until they want me to do something for them. It's a pretty lonely life and I often wonder what it would be like to have other people in it with me. Here's to those folks who used to be friends with me. May they have all they think they are entitled to.

Laughable. It's just another phishing attempt. One of them didn't even speak passable English. If someone wanted to write a blog, they're easy enough to set up, anyway.

In this case, flattery will get you nothing but a marked and scornful distrust. Sure, hit on my blog if you want. But my days of being someone else's unfed marketing dog are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment