Sunday, December 30, 2012

Give It Up

Not that I intend for this to be a sad post, but I'm still migraining, despite the hydrocodone, and starving! Had a protein bar and leftover red beans and rice, and still my tummy is grumbling. The bright spot is my doggy curled warmly against my ribs. :) <3

I did actually notice a change in my reflection the other day. Might have been my clothes, but my profile looked a little thinner.

Yes, I have been staying away from scales. They don't ever make me happy anyway.

Sometimes you have to give things up. I don't have to give up anything like smoking or drinking, but I need to give up on some unhealthy relationships and potentials.

You can give somebody time to see you, value you, show an interest in you, and even treat you decently after years of having it easy and treating you like garbage, and all it does is kill your spirit when they don't ever man up. They're too involved with themselves to make room for you in their lives. They always have excuses for their coldheartedness. For why they fall short of the mark.

So, time's up. You know who you are. Take a stand or walk away. Your coach is about to turn into a pumpkin.

As for me? Don't worry, I can fill my time. And I can live without pumpkins. One thing I have learned about myself in the last year... I can walk away myself. I can even jog. Sometimes sprint. I've got the endurance to keep going, even if i am a bit slow. Things tend to become clearer even if you are running in place on a treadmill. You'll never catch me because your butt is parked on the couch in front of the TV. It's not too late to start, but the longer you wait, the harder it will be to catch up. I did what I could to help. Now it's time to help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment