Wednesday, January 2, 2013

5.1 miles

I completed 5.1 miles on the treadmill tonight. 30 minutes of that time was nonstop running. True, I allowed for a ten minute warmup walk at the beginning because I'd taken so much time off, and I ran at only 3.6 mph for most of it, but I ran 30 minutes without stopping! Went and did all of my leg day machines (even the glute machine.... I hate it intensely because of my femoral nerve problem, but it's a weak place for me) and then got back on the treadmill to go another 2.5 miles, taking it at an easy walking pace. I just wanted to know if I could do 5 miles :). I can.

A caveat: I did take half a pack of Clif Strawberry Shot Bloks before I started to run, and I felt so wasted after my run that I took the other half. That enabled me to keep going, feeling normal.

I hope I'm not too sore tomorrow.

I stopped by the coffee shop, thinking I would get a drink as a rare treat, but I sat at the dang drive thru and got ignored! Several times, a girl, then some guy, and even the owner (who now swears I must have been invisible and the bell wasn't working) walked past the window. Once the girl was facing out of the window for several seconds and then just walked off.

I sat through a full five minutes wondering if this had anything to do with me asking the owner out a few years ago. Yeah, I did. He absolutely blew me off and ignored THAT question. Nice manners. He's just another guy who hates me.

I got cold. It's 28 degrees out. I was tired and wanting to order dinner too. So I drove off because I didn't think waiting any longer would get results. I just made a glass of chocolate milk at home, where the new thermostat isn't making the central unit work after all. I told it I'd like 74 degrees. It hasn't moved past 68.

I should just buy a new one. I can afford it.

My poor dog. I gave him a little bowl of milk and he shivered so hard after drinking it. Now he's cuddled into my belly. The love of my life.

In case you were wondering, no, I did NOT check my weight on the scale. It's never a good thing for me to do. Call me negative all you like. Bad stuff keeps happening.

The new thermostat isn't what the central unit needed after all. It's dead. And pretty damn cold in here. So before you start, please do not tell me how blessed I am. I'm feeling pretty low.

No comments:

Post a Comment