Friday, January 25, 2013

Enough Time To Get'er Done & Run

Yesterday was a bit jam packed for me. I worked until nearly 5, wanted to go to the gym and run, early enough to avoid insomnia, and be home by 7.

I was home by 5, but I was starving, so I ate leftover Chinese food and a protein bar. While I let it settle, I got dressed for the gym. I arrived at 6 pm, and not only was the entire gym's worth of cardio equipment occupied, the parking lot was so packed I wasn't sure I'd find a space at all. It was 32 degrees, so the walk in was painful in my workout clothes.

By the way, my cute new UnderArmour running capris actually have big scratchy thick inseams all the way down that chafed the daylights out of my inner thighs. That's rather impractical. They look cute, but I'm displeased with the utility, after all.

I hung up my jacket and keys and the first treadmill became available. I walked over and saw that it was merely paused. Moved on.

The next to last treadmill wasn't being used, but after about ten feet, I realized that the belt was jerking horribly.

The last one seemed okay, so I committed to it and staring straight into a brick column for my whole run. Oh well. Instead of observing my form, I had to pay attention to how it felt. It worked. Five minute fast walk warmup and then I launched into a fifteen minute mile pace, just to see if I could do it.

I ran that pace for 20 minutes straight, and felt like I was in awesome beast mode! Lol. I know it's not fast, but it was fast for me, and it felt right. Plus, I kept my form pretty well, and a couple of good looking men were doing chest presses with barbells next to me. I couldn't see what I looked like, but I could see other people's semi-ghostly reflections okay, so I watched them and tried not to look at my timer while I just ran with my music.

Finished my cool down walk and got home in time to see The Vampire Diaries. Yes, just because of Ian Somerhalder. Eye candy, nice guy, and my type. Lol.

As with any man whatsoever, he wouldn't notice me if I was the only woman in the room, anyway. It's just a simple fact of my life, and it always has been. Ah well, I'd never get anything done at the gym if any of the men ever spoke to me anyway. :D

I can look at it this way: when the new facility is complete, with the first real indoor pool this town has ever had, I won't have to worry what I look like in a bathing suit. I'll be... invisible. I just want to swim. Today more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment