Monday, January 28, 2013

Major Workout Tonight

33 minutes on the fat burner program on the elliptical

All the leg machines, 90 reps each -- except for glutes, because my piriformis is still strangling my sciatic nerve and it hurts like crazy to do them... Which means that I most definitely can't skip them and i have to do them forever... Torso rotation crunches, triceps extensions, yes, 90 reps each. I noticed, though, that leg presses and hamstring curls suddenly became easier, so I increased the weight on leg presses. Hammys are a bit of a struggle from reps 25-30, so they will stay the same until I can beast through them. All of that took an hour, and it was definitely a cardio activity for me. I was breathing hard with my usual pulse rate of 180 BPM.

So much for trying to work in the target heart rate zone, eh? I'm way beyond 80% every time, and my resting heart rate is usually around 60. Even when I'm just walking.

Which I did. I put in another 1.59 miles on the treadmill and my total of calories burned was over 1000. (1139, to be more precise) Don't worry, I'm eating well. (If i wasn't, my fingernails wouldn't be nice and long once again. )

Sometimes I just get into my workout and don't feel like stopping. My legs needed stretching out after the strength machines, so I walked. I need to keep putting miles on my legs anyway.

I was dripping sweat from my scalp so much it kept surprising me when it would fall onto my clothes. I'm just not a sweating type person. This is a very new phenomenon to me. It's all the water I try to drink, I guess. But gosh, I was crazy-soaking wet. Men were staring and grinning at me in Wal-Mart afterward. I guess I was quite a sight in my all black ninja gym rat gear, soaked through my hair and rosy cheeked.

So I grinned back at them. A couple were kinda cute. ;). I won't tell them I can only hold a plank for 11 seconds.

My sister should know I didn't wear my neon pink Zensah shin compression sleeves. I wore the black ones. I got the pink ones for cancer benefit races I run in. Yes, to be noticed. Well, why not? I'm about to turn 42 and I'm single. I'm not getting any younger, but at least I'm not all wrinkled.

No comments:

Post a Comment