Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bronchitis Relapse & Resistance Bands

In retrospect, I'd have to say that a 5k in 32 degree weather wasn't a good idea. But I didn't know beforehand that I was still sick. I'd had no signs of it other than a scratchy throat. The truth is, I probably picked up a simple cold from someone at the school, and it went straight to my bronchial tubes.

So today I'm sneezing like crazy, and I've had a couple of bouts of coughing that made everything go grey and I had to gasp to get my breath back.

I'd had a round of hard cardio on the elliptical planned, but it'll make me cough if I try it. Probably sneeze too, and that'll be pretty nasty. So, here I am, grounded again. That'll give the viewers of my log on http://www.runningahead.com more red herring to chase the next time I ask a question about food for a prerace energy boost, and the go spouting off about how I've been lazy in my running for two week prior. I guess they couldn't read the note about being in bed two weeks with bronchitis. Idiots.

Coincidentally, today Runner's World tweeted that they're starting a new column, Fuel School. Lol Great! I wonder when I'll get to see it? I'd ask my question there, but I don't want to be ridiculed on the national level.

Anyway, this doesn't mean I did no exercise today. Last night I bought a set of resistance bands and I've been working my arms all day whenever I had a few minutes. Biceps, triceps, deltoids, and traps. Yayyyy me. I bought them because I'm having a hard time with the bicep curl machine at the gym and I didn't want to deal with dumbbells in my house. Those bands really do work. And I can clip all three together eventually if I need serious resistance.

So, resting at home, but not skiving off my workout completely. I'm not crying over anything, but it does feel like my sinuses are coated with itching powder, and it's driving me kinda crazy.

At least I figured out a motivational reward - for each night at the gym, I'll let myself buy another digital back issue of Oxygen Magazine. Cherie Steffen of http://www.cherierunsthis.com recommended it, and so far, it's inspiring. :). And even useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment