Friday, March 1, 2013

Gym-Tan-Laundry

Well, this week's fitness work has gone fairly well. One mistake - I got in the "hot" tanning bed for the first time after my workout, and it kinda freaked me out. It has a face tanner... Which seemed to me to be a very intense set of purple mini-suns aimed right at my face. Thought they were going to burst into flames and melt my contact lenses onto my eyes. Ohh, I had the heebie jeebies. It was so hot I melted onto the acrylic in a puddle. Now I know how a fried egg feels. I'll stick to the "beginner bed," I think.

Besides, that thing burned my butt. Yeah, it's aloe bath time, bay-bee. The point of tanning was to prevent the tropical sun from cooking me into raw blisters, not so much to get a golden tan before I go. I've left chunks of my scabbed skin in Venice... I don't want to repeat it in the Bahamas.

I'm really tired tonight after my workout, so I'm having trouble deciding on a hotel room after the flight. My brain just isn't working on it. It absolutely wants to sleep, but I need to shower off my tanning accelerator and slather on some sunburn gel.

I have noticed a few more changes lately, mainly in my legs. My calves are gaining definition, and my hamstrings are responding pretty well to the increased weights I'm lifting. I figured that all the cardio hasn't shown much effect yet, so I might as well start lifting heavier weights. Everything I read tells me I don't need to fear big bulky muscles unless I take steroids, and there's no way I'll take those. More muscles burns more fat, and I hate feeling weak anyway.

Oh, my triceps are firming up too. They seem to be showing the fastest change, but I'm having trouble with my bicep curls. I can't keep my shoulders still, and it feels like my forearms are where the real workout happens. Eh, more resistance bands, I suppose. Still, it's nice to see the beginnings of definition somewhere. I guess weightlifting is the key.

However, I have to admit that my hips are terribly sore. They are probably running a close second to my glutes for weakest body muscles, and I have to strengthen them all, no matter how much it hurts.

It's been snowing all day, but nothing appreciable until 7 pm, when the icy, glittery snow came down. :) It was beautiful.

And now it's time for me to hang up my UnderArmour tights. So that's that. Gym, tan, laundry. Lol. Without all the white trash drama from TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment