Monday, March 25, 2013

New Shoe Review

Tried running in my new Brooks shoes, and I was hoping I wouldn't feel the pounding under my feet, but I did. What can I say? I'm a Clydesdale.

My shins hurt a little and my right knee started hurting, but I did have an easier time tonight than before, and I managed to keep going for a full 30 minutes. I did discover that everything hurt less when I picked up my speed. I felt almost light footed when I pushed it up to 5.6 miles per hour. So, the Clydesdale clomps easier at a faster speed.

It makes sense, though, because the less time feet have to strike the ground, the lighter they strike and there is less opportunity for turning wrong.

I need a coach, trainer, somebody to help me prevent breaking m'bones.

I'll have to see what tomorrow holds on soreness and held over pain. I only managed about 480 calories burned tonight, because I had to stop when I became lightheaded. But I've been lightheaded and dizzy for days and I don't know why. Hm.

Am I overdoing it? I've got no idea. Is my changed diet to blame? That doesn't make sense, given that all I've cut has been junk food and I've added healthy whole food with lots of water to drink. If weight loss is 80% nutrition, it needs to start showing, because I'm losing heart.

In any case, I did work my glutes, quadriceps, abductors, and adductors pretty hard, so though the calorie count didn't skyrocket, I must have accomplished something. My legs feel like jelly.

I'm still fighting my feet, which want to roll outward, so I may yet need to modify my shoes with some squishy foam or something on the outside edges, under the insoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment