Friday, April 5, 2013

Chai in Bed, Day 2

I haven't been to the gym since Wednesday because my allergies dropped into my lungs. I'm coughing again, and you're not supposed to get all out of breath when you're already coughing. Besides, I'd get evil looks from gym people who thought I was bringing something contagious to them.

The cough has taken one day to turn into a bronchial yuckfest. I still have a stuffy nose and itching face, despite my allergy meds, which seem to be depriving me of deep sleep that I need to grow new muscle fibers and kick my allergies.

But I've got Zzzquil, and it was my pal last night. I got a whole six hours of deep sleep. It was like a vacation. I haven't had any true sleep problems for several months, and I was getting used to feeling better. :). So insomnia really frustrated me this week, tossing and turning, feeling like I was burning up with fever. Argh.

I'd rather be sweating at the gym, making some progress, but I've got to get over this cough. I feel tired, so I'm going to give myself more rest and try not to give in to the temptation to bake a small batch of cupcakes or buy one at the coffee shop. I've had some more turkey bacon, and now I'm having some chai. It still isn't as good as one of Brandon's chocolate truffle cupcakes. That man could make a killing if he opened a bakery. I suspect he will still make a lot of money just taking orders. More power to him -- he's a great cook.

I don't know what the problem is with the Celestial Seasonings Chai (India Spice). It doesn't taste very good compared to the Bigelow version, but it might be that the Stevia to Go I used to sweeten this cup just doesn't taste good to me, or I may have brewed the tea too strong.

Two people in the last day have told me they can tell I'm losing / getting smaller. I was wearing some snug stretchy capris yesterday. That may have been the key. Clothes to fit me instead of hiding me. Maybe it is just muscle growing and burning some fat, yet still keeping my weight almost exactly the same. Maybe it was just the tight clothes. I'm nowhere near satisfied, but my calves look awesome. I used to think my Barbie's legs were ideal, and I still picture my calves getting there. :) But I've gotta tell you, old Barbie had some seriously square hips and a flat butt.

Now I think I'll cuddle up all alone in my bed and rewatch the pilot episode of Hannibal, and try to figure out what the heck Mads Mikkelson was saying. Seriously thick accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment