Thursday, April 18, 2013

Could Have Been the Sushi

I had a good night. Had dinner with my sister and her sons and then I went to the gym, which had blessedly few people because of the nasty storm that was raging outside. I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained any either. There for a while, I was gaining like a beast, but I am getting smaller and I'm starting to see some muscle definition. Calves came first, then my butt, now my thighs, arms, and abs. But my arms were already getting smaller. I can tell by the formerly snug sleeves of my top today.

Some people drop weight like crazy, but I suppose they're losing muscle mass along with the fat and water. I, on the other hand, am lifting heavy weights (as I can handle them) to increase muscle mass and strengthen bones. I may not get lighter, but by golly I'm going to have some lean and strong muscles. :). Don mess wif me. I has tuf!

I wish the gym had a kickboxing class though. :). Zumba just doesn't thrill me.

How long is this (reshaping process) going to take, anyway?? It was like waiting on tonight's episode of Hannibal -- ugh! On the bright side, my afternoon job was cancelled today, so I felt like I had been paroled. I'm just tired of it. The money's nice, but having my afternoons back would be so lovely.

Ah Hannibal.... I'm really enjoying it. Mads Mikkelsen conveys so much unspoken dialogue with his expressions. It's always funny to understand what Lecter is thinking. He's one sick puppy, but so smooth & elegant about it you can't help but like him.

I'll admit that at the end of my workout tonight I became dizzy and nauseated rather suddenly, and I don't know why. It's like my energy drained away, and then I realized I might have to drop the dumbbell and run for the bathroom. Stubborn me finished two more full sets instead, then went to stretch on the floor. And that's when the shaking started.

I think I burned through the limited bit of glycogen I'm able to store and my blood sugar plummeted. It's happened before but not with nausea.

Or it could have been the sushi... Miki did say that the buffet sushi wasn't worth eating, but I kinda liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment