Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gotta Go Shopping

I've had reassuring messages coming in lately.  Sunday, running was a little bit easier, so I bounced past my previous limit and did 5.33 miles.  That was my "long run" day.  They'll get longer as I get stronger.  I played a number of mental games to keep going.  I noted that while I was taking a walk break, that woman who is considerably heavier than me kept on running slowly past. I told myself to start running, and go at least as far as she did.  We both stopped to walk up that one killer hill, but it didn't hurt me as much as it usually does.

When I headed to sign in at work this morning, another woman told me I was looking really slender today.  Yay.  :) Right thing to say.  It made me feel great and made my liquid meals more mentally tolerable throughout the day.  My juice doesn't taste bad, but yesterday they served steak and gravy in the cafeteria, and I wanted some so badly.  

Later, my sister said that its time for me to buy some smaller clothes.  When I tested that idea, I was able to pull my pants down completely, without unbuttoning or unzipping them.  That was amusing. Then I pulled them back up the same way with no problem.  Maybe it is time.  They're all getting pretty baggy in the seat and the legs.  Lol. A male friend mentioned that my butt and legs are a lot smaller lately.  I never had any junk in the trunk anyway, but that means that my hips are shrinking.  Hey, middle aged men, look out.  Haha.  

Maybe by the time the gym pool is built, I won't mind too much being seen in my swimsuit.  I'll just swim for exercise anyway.  I'll have to figure out what to do about my contacts though.  Maybe they'll sell decent goggles at the gym, since the cheap and cheesy ones sold locally in the summertime always threaten to suck my eyeballs out of their sockets.  I'm not kidding!  I'd like to be able to swim without being completely blind over and under the water.  Who knows when they'll build it, though.  They still haven't broken ground over a year later.

I realize that sunrise will keep coming later until November, meaning that any running I do before work in a public venue will have to be undertaken in nighttime darkness.  That really creeps me out.  But I'd like to get my running over with so I don't have other things taking my run time away in the afternoons. What to do?  My neighborhood isn't safe.  I think I'll borrow someone else's neighborhood that I know pretty well.  Someplace close and well-lit.  I hope it works for me.  If all else fails, I've been offered the loan of a rather large German Shepherd who is crazy with love for me.  

Here's hoping my air conditioner holds up until it is cool enough to turn it off for a while and allow it t that out.  Last night I had to sleep in a wet t-shirt and it was a clammy, unpleasant experience.  Still, I did sleep deeply, going by the amount of dreams I had and the sweat that still poured out of me and left the shirt just as wet.  I hate the smell of my own sweat on my clothes.  It's even worse when it's from night sweats.  Yes, they are far too early in my life, but it's likely because I'm childless.  I had hoped I'd get the chance to at least love someone else's children as my own, but I'm sure it's all part of God's plan. At least I'm not one of the divorce court frequent flyers club.

Oh, the baggage I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment