Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Shoot that Poisoned Arrow

It's been a few days since I've run.  Right now I'm on the fourth night of a nervous stomach, which was the underlying  cause of me skipping the race Saturday night.  Well, that and an ugly anxiety attack.  *sigh*. I don't want to go into that, but let's just say that I saw a lot of distended blood vessels during the worst of it, along with a very elevated pulse and inability to breathe well.


Let's face it -- I can't start a race when I'm already struggling before I've run a few feet.


I'm getting a bit bored with my self-guided training runs, so I think I'm going to use a Zombie running app.  And maybe start working on training for a 10k.


However, I can't sleep, and I'm sick, and no bug or food poisoning kept me ill this long, with crazy indigestion.  Heartburn.  Sharp abdominal pains.  Could be anxiety again, but it isn't the first time I've gone through this.  That's why I'm going back to my liquid diet.  I should have stuck to my juice only for today.  Main flavorful ingredient -- beets.  Yeah, not my favorite.  But good for heart and blood, and everyone knows by now my heart needs some work.  


If I gave in to a weird suspicion of mine, I'd think I'm a human incarnation of Cupid.  I seem to have that golden arrow touch, but doomed never to benefit romantically from my own arrows.   If I recall correctly, Cupid was unable to fall in love, and sometimes spitefully shot those who were incompatible for his own amusement because of it.  Oh, he was supposed to be above that mortal weakness anyway, you know.  


*swish, boing!* And the poor unwitting fools had no choice.


Maybe I just want to fly around and shoot arrows at everybody, especially come Valentine's Day.  If anybody should be allowed,  I think I've earned the right.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment