Saturday, October 19, 2013

Tracking a Scent

I did a little sleuthing today and discovered that my favorite (discontinued) Bath and Body Works fragrance, Black Amethyst, is a copy of Tom Ford Black Orchid.  I've tried on multiple occasions to find a fragrance match at http://www.sweetcakes.com but they told me they had no such copycat of Black Amethyst, or Tranquil Mint, for that matter.

For the record, Tranquil Mint is the fragrance I like to use when I have a migraine.  It relieves my pain better than anything else.  And they discontinued it.  Of course.  

Sweetcakes does have a copy of Black Orchid.  :).  I'll get some and hopefully, it will refresh the fragrance of my shower gel that I bought in bulk when I learned it would soon be gone.  Unfortunately, the scent has faded in the plastic bottles since I bought it, so I was hoping to recharge it.  It won't cost much to try it out, anyway.  

They also have a couple of fragrances that may match Tranquil Mint as well.  If they don't, I'll just have to hope for the best and blend my own stuff with essential oils from the health food store.  Yippee.

Now, I'm partial to Poison, but it's not really practical for me to wear it, given that my job and lifestyle provide me no opportunities to wear designer perfumes.  I don't see the point in buying them for myself and heaven forbid that someone I dated bought me perfume.  They were too cheap and I wasn't worth it.  (And people wonder why I have self-esteem issues given the parade of creeps in my life?)

I used to love to make scented soaps, but my kitchen now is smaller than my old one, to the point of being almost too small and enclosed to be useful.  After twelve years of struggling to make it useful, I've come to the conclusion that the only solution is to gut the entire thing and start over.  



No comments:

Post a Comment