Friday, March 21, 2014

Feeding the Beast

Day two of juicing, and that nagging headache from last night has turned into a full-blown migraine.  At least I have enough brain cells left to realize what is happening.  

It's caffeine withdrawal.  I've been drinking Pepsi like it's not being made anymore, sometimes as much as two bottles a day.  I haven't been able to drop into deep sleep for weeks now.

Until last night.  I had no caffeine yesterday, and I felt horrible.  I feel even worse right now, but I slept well.  I turned on the AC to drop the house temperature down to 60 after my first attempt to sleep resulted in a fitful napping state.  

Pepsi makes me gain weight fast, and I have a problem with my limits.  I was much better off when I wasn't drinking it at all, but I can't quit caffeine cold turkey without a considerable amount of pain for about seven days.  I didn't remember to taper off and now I'm paying the price.  I'm going to have to nurse a Pepsi for a few days to feel better.  This addiction is chewing at my brain like a ravenous animal.

Hey, this is my own fault.  Nobody forced me to drink that chemical cocktail again.  I just indulged myself, and then I over indulged myself.  Right now I'm feeling nauseated.  Blech. I think that's the migraine doing its thing, though.  High fructose corn syrup and caffeine -- one nasty combination.

But I have to get up because I told my friend I'd take her for driving practice today. She's a 38 year old Chinese citizen, and getting her license here before going back home to China, because it will save her literally thousands of dollars to transfer a US license to China.  Wow.  Crazy, huh?  Well, she's had some driving practice already, and having seen how hard she studied for the written test, I'm sure she's probably a very careful driver.  The only thing I'm worried about is how badly the glare from the sunlight will hurt me.  :(.   I don't want to be grouchy while she's driving and give her the wrong idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment