Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Stairmaster Incident

I'm pretty sure I'm currently "on ignore" so I thought I'd tell the Stairmaster story.  It's okay to ignore me, but... I remember the last person that deliberately ignored me. He did it to punish me, and make me give in to his demands.  It was the distance that made me finally lose interest in an unhealthy relationship.  He didn't get what he wanted, and he shoved me away when the intent was to keep me under his boot.  So I was better off.

I suppose that's how you tell the difference between someone who cares and someone who just wants to control.  It hurts. Always does.  There's no way to prepare for it.

I spent five minutes on the new Stairmaster at the gym.  I was dying.  I knew it was going to be tough, so I was just hoping to stay on five minutes. 

When the five minutes were up, I couldn't figure out how to get down, so I decided to ride the stairs down and hop off just before they turned under.  

And that would have been fine, except that when my feet hit the floor, both of my fatigued knees buckled and I landed on my butt, flat on the floor.  As if that weren't enough, going back I commanded lots of attention by falling back into the bike behind me, with a loud clang.  

Everybody looked.  Fortunately, I really did land on my very cushioned rear and it didn't hurt, but it was very embarrassing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment