Sunday, February 15, 2015

Snowmageddon 2015

Okay, so there is a massive winter storm predicted starting tonight for my area. People are apparently heading to the stores and clearing out the shelves of bread and milk. I'm not particularly worried, because I have a massive bag of Honey Nut Cheerios and a whole half gallon of milk ready and waiting I also have a multi pack of chicken flavored Ramen noodles in case of emergency.  Hopefully, I won't have to resort to the Ramen noodles.

Yesterday, I fasted for most of the day, sort of. I was drinking juice all day though it wasn't homemade juice. Still, it was a lovely sickly shade of green-ish though it tasted like bananas and pineapple juice. It was actually half vegetable juice, half fruit juice.  I'm thinking about going on another juice fast, and yesterday just made me more sure that it's the right thing for me to do.

I was making chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day, and I just didn't feel like eating anything. I feel like my belly is completely stuffed and it doesn't seem to be fixable. I suspect it's just a complication of my IBS,  which doesn't bother me all that often, but I suspect that I hold onto more than I really should.  Yeah, that's TMI, I know.  I'll stop there with that.   Still, it does mean that I have  abdominal pain most days. And then there are those days when my body decides that it's emptying time and then there's that misery. As in, I know that I didn't eat that much food over the course of the last week and yet here it comes. It could be so much worse. However I do hate feeling like a stuffed sausage. 

So the juice fasting really helps me with that. Nothing tends to accumulate inside of me -- it seems to find its way out on a daily basis,  like a normal person. So that's good.  

The funny thing is that I didn't really get hungry yesterday because I was drinking my juice. Tropicana Farmstand, if you're wondering. I plan to make my own juice again but I was in a hurry to have some juice on hand so that I could drink it when I felt like it. It gives me energy and it makes me feel like I'm not overloaded with stuffing. 

So last night, after the movie, we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I was actually reasonably hungry by the time the food came and ate well. The funny thing was that I was craving raw vegetables, so I got the cucumber tomato and onion salad my dinner of grilled chicken tenderloins. 

If I drink juice all day and then for one meal eat a decent meal, it probably won't feel too bad for me. I think my problem is that I'm eating so much processed food that it's turning into glue inside my body and does not want to leave. Too many Pepsi's too much sugar too many starches.  I just don't feel well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment