Monday, July 11, 2016

Coffee Make You Manly!

I really don't understand the thoughts of people who act as if they way they drink their coffee is an indication of how tough they are. They believe that if they drink their coffee black, it means that they are superior in someway to other human beings. Sugar is for wimps. Creamer is for delicate people who are apparently disturbed by the genuine color of coffee.  Boiling hot espresso means that you are some sort of super human creature like Thor.  

A little honesty to begin with. I drink coffee as a means to an end. I didn't like drinking coffee in college, but I learned to drink it once I became a teacher, and I was staying up too late working at night and still having to go to work and be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my students in the morning.  

As my husband and I are fond of joking, we like a little coffee with our creamer.  If you take a look at the guy, you will easily understand that he is not lacking in the manliness department.  

I have seen him benchpress. I spot him sometimes, as if that would do any good --right?  He presses hundreds of pounds, while I am very proud that I'm currently pressing 60 pounds.  On the other hand, I can do assisted pull-ups with half my bodyweight, so my strength is improving. It's amazing what you can do when you have an actual trainer working with you all the time, although for a while my focus really has been just my arms, chest,  and back.   My feet and legs keep getting hurt in other exploits, so weight training on them has been held off a bit. (I threw out my hip dancing at a Duran Duran concert last week. Chic were onstage performing le Freak, so I had to dance!)

Anyway, I consider people that deride creamer-and-sugar drinking coffee people strange people who enjoy the taste of black coffee. If they really enjoyed the taste of coffee without anything to adulterate it, why don't they just go around eating spoonfuls of coffee grounds?  Now that would impress me.

What is it with them? The worse the coffee tastes, the more they like it? 

Still, the way I drink my coffee is not meant to impress anyone. I have taste buds that like to be entertained no matter what I'm eating or drinking. They are not so pedestrian is to demand "BLACK COFFEE ONLY."  I enjoy the different flavors of creamers. I don't have a problem with tasting caramel in my coffee. I don't even have a problem with chocolate or mint in my coffee. I'm an equal opportunity creamer taster. The different flavors are part of the reason why I can even stand to drink coffee.  I'm usually drinking it for the caffeine and if I can make it taste pleasant, so be it. 

I don't think of myself as less than a man just because I'm a woman, so I wouldn't think of myself as less tough just because I put creamer and sugar in my coffee. I would think the spinal arthritis I've been living with for three decades without relief would be proof of that. 😄

I don't feel the constant need to prove myself to random people.  I'm actually OK with myself.

I will drink coffee with sweetener and creamer whenever I like, and enjoy the actual flavors.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment